Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 45: Surprise, by Jasmine



I was planning on transferring to another school for this fall, so I set out to apply to some places, mostly in New York and one in Philadelphia. Well, the only application I actually finished was the University of the Arts; I was accepted, but I ended up declining their offer. Among my unfinished applications - and I say "unfinished" to mean that I completed the actual application, but hadn't sent my transcripts or recommendations - I was accepted to two schools: Brooklyn College and the New School. I was surprised by this financial aid reward letter from the New School last week. If I'd have known they were giving me all of that money to go to their school, I might've really considered it. I guess it's good they sent it to me after classes already began?

2 comments:

  1. maybe you'll get the same deal if you reapply next semester?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be pretty great! I might do it next year, though; I'm trying to study abroad in the spring.

    ReplyDelete