Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 31: Introduction by Em


Sometimes when I introduce myself I have to follow up with "You know? Short for Emily?" Seriously, is "Em" really that difficult to understand?! In this picture I am wearing makeup! And earings! And I styled my hair! Do not get used to it. It happens maybe once every couple months. But we were headed out to the opening faculty party tonight so you get to see me all spiffied up.

Speaking of the faculty party, I live at a high school. An all boys boarding school. I have been married to J (not the J on this blog!) since 2003; our daughter Sierra is nearly 15 months old. She is probably the main subject of my blog. I will be 30 in October. I do not find that nearly as traumatizing as I thought it would be when I was 23. Of those nearly 30 years, I have spent more than 18 living in Illinois, followed by 6 in Missouri, then 4 in Connecticut, and now this last year in Virginia.

I run. Not away from the cops or to catch the bus, but because I actually enjoy it. In recent years I have added some swimming and cycling before the running and do triathlons. I am an environmental educator. I have a Masters degree in Botany. But my current boss is the above metioned 15-month-old. She is a very demanding boss. Sometimes I'm okay with being a "domestic engineer" but sometimes it drives me completely batty. I have two dogs and two cats. I like red wine and dark chocolate. I am here on ASAOTC because I know Mike. I know Mike because Mike knows Kate. I know Kate because she and her love found us (me, J, two dogs) in the woods in the White Mountains in 2005. She seduced me with red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment