Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 22: Sign by Em



I'm a day late posting this, but I did take the photo yesterday. And I'm excited that I'm posting again, so here you go. We hiked the Rose River Falls loop trail in Shenandoah National Park yesterday. In that park, the trail junctions are marked with concrete posts and punched metal tags, like this one.

I was thinking since September will be here soon and we've been at this for a month, it might be nice to have a day of posts introducing ourselves. Though I've met a couple of you, I'd love to know a bit about the rest of my fellow contributors. You know, who you are, where you live, what you do, how you came to be involved with this blog, etc., etc. Maybe we could un-randomize the topic for a day, make it "Introduction" and include a self portrait. What do you think? September 1st?

7 comments:

  1. this is probably a good idea. Mike? Luke? J?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, perhaps a couple of days worth? any thoughts on a couple other "getting to know you" sub-themes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea too. Though I do feel like I am already getting to know you all in strange and wonderful ways, little by little, photo by photo, anecdote by anecdote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure. Sounds like a good idea. I know there are ways to mess around with Blogspot and make it something other than a blog post so it's easily accessible beyond that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not that i have too much say or pull here, but i do agree that a series of get to know you topics/self portraits would be fun... i also think that doing a new randomized calendar for each month might be ideal due to that particular months holidays and/or season.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the getting to know you idea and the randomization of each months calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy makes a good point. For example, "snow" is a much better subject for say, January, than for July. And "pumkins" are much easter to find in October than they are to find in March.

    ReplyDelete