Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 81: Striped by Taylor

A long time ago, the Blue Ridge Parkway had an entire wooden fence system that went all over. its posts were made from American mountain ash, or so I'm told. My old boss used to work as a ranger there, and one day suddenly acquired a bunch of old fence posts when the park decided that it didn't need a wooden fence anymore. Over the years, he would carve things out of the food for people. As a final farewell to me when I left the job, he had given me a candle holder made out of one of the remaining pieces of wood that he had from the fenceposts. This is a downward shot of the candle holder where one would put the candle.

I also thought about posting this picture of our own little Norgenchewer, but thought better of it. guess we'll see how that pans out come Lowemannzeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment